O D&RGW Standard Gauge Hopper Car
Throughout the 1950's and early 1960's the D&RGW took delivery of 700 70 ton triple bay open hopper cars in the 17000-17199 and 18500-1899 class series.
The 17000 series cars were made by both General American and Bethlehem Steel Car.
The 18000 series were built by Pressed Steel's Mount Vernon Car Division.
These cars were used in Utah coal service.
Later, some were used in limestone service for Geneva Steel.